We have a unique and exciting opportunity to make a real difference by building and shaping sustainable services for families of children with additional needs and/or disabilities.
You will work closely with partner organisations to ensure families are aware of services available.
Working with education, health, and social care you will identify families at the earliest opportunity, gathering their views and needs of local services.
As our newly appointed Parent Carer Link Worker you will be responsible for:
- Work with parent carers to ensure they are aware of local services and support available.
- Co-ordinate focus groups and activities to engage with families.
- Work within the community, engaging with key partners to identify parent carers at the earliest opportunity.
- Work with schools, GPs, employers, and the wider community to raise awareness of families of children with additional needs and/or disabilities.
- Lead on carer focus groups to ensure carers view and experiences are taken forward to influence change locally.
- Attend meetings to share family’s views on a number of topics.
You will have a good knowledge of support available to families and will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of relevant legislation in ensuring carers needs are met.
You will have the ability to monitor and record ensuring we capture the impact the programme makes to our local community.
You will have a full clean driving licence with access to a car for work purposes. You will be also subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
To discuss the position please call Christine Fewster on 01429 283095 or 07896054361, to apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time: 20 hours/week
£11 per hour
Closing date – 10th August 2020
12-month fixed term contract with the potential extension
Full job description and person specification can be found here: