Mental Health Support
We have a Specialist Carer Support Worker dedicated to carers dealing with specific areas of Mental Health, including Depression, Psychosis, Bipolar disorder, or Dementia.
This support is lead by the Carers own needs, ranging from providing information and advice, or assessing and referral for more intensive or specialist support. This service can include:
- Signposting to local services to help them or their loved one.
- Completing a Hartlepool Adult and Community Services Carers assessment for carers who provide a substantial amount of care on a daily/weekly basis.
This assessment helps to look at-
If you need support maintaining employment, education, or training.
Accessing services to support you fulfill your caring role
Looking at your physical and emotional health, how to maintain or improve it.
- Accessing social care for them or the cared for person.
- Accessing a home assessment to help mobility issues or safety issues from an Occupational Therapist. They can look at aides, Telecare (assisted technology that can raise alarms or give guidance) and other useful equipment.
- Accessing financial/benefit advice
- Accessing our Low-Level support service, which includes volunteer counselors to help you focus your thoughts and move forward in adjusting to your caring role.
For further advice and information about our Mental Health support please get in contact with Hartlepool Carers on 01429 283 095.