We are delighted that Middleton Grange Shopping Centre have become the first company to commit to our Carer Friendly Business Charter.
The charter aims to help support local businesses become more carer friendly for their employees.
It involves committing to working towards the seven points set out below:
- Raising carer awareness and ensuring line managers can identify carers through training.
- Developing and maintaining carer friendly HR management and policies.
- Recognising that carers within the workforce may need support to balance work and caring successfully.
- Signposting carers to appropriate information and support.
- Showing a positive and enabling attitude to employees and job applicants who are carers.
- Providing opportunities for carers to be involved in organisational development, ensuring their voices are heard.
- Supporting carers to recognise their physical and emotional health needs in order to support well-being.
We are excited to support the team on their journey to become more carer friendly and look forward to seeing what steps they put in place.
Keep checking back to see their progress.
More information on how your business can get involved can be found here.