Meet the Team
Claire Jewson - Young Carers Coordinator
Hi, my name is Claire and I am here to ensure that your voice as a Young Carer is heard and you get the support you need in your caring role.
- Raise money to help us do interesting activities
- Work one to one with young carers
- Help young carers families
- Recruit & train our fantastic Young Carer Volunteers
- Work with schools and social workers
- Run the Young Carers Steering Group
- All the little hidden things that make Young Carers what it is
- Join in all the great activities we do and have fun.
I work with Steve our Family Support Worker whose role it is to help you and your family get the right things in place for the person you look after. This will hopefully give you the same life chances as all your friends who do not have caring roles.
It is part of their responsibility to talk to you to see what you think needs to change and how this can happen. This might be through working with you, your family and other agencies such as your school or even a social worker to help your family to put a package of services and or equipment in place.
Here at Young Carers my role is to support young carers and their families.
Our aim is to help reduce the caring role, improve wellbeing and to improve life chances.
- I offer one to one support in or after school time.
- Plan and take part in school holiday activities
- We also run an activity club on a Tuesday and Thursday after school
- Help support young carer families
- Liaise with other agencies (school, child services, and more)
My background is in supervision and leadership at college and work. As a Family Support Worker I love my job. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do as I was once a young carer myself!
My role is to reduce Young Carers caring role and to help reduce the stresses that may occur.
- I offer one-to-one support for young carers, during or after school hours
- Help support the family
- Plan and take part in after school and holiday activities
- Liaise with other agencies (schools, Children's Services and more)
My background is admin work and education. As a qualified counselor; along with this role I feel I am gaining lots of experience fast and I love it. I like nothing more than to have fun and to live life. I am there to support you as a young carer and your family. If you need help, just ask.